Sunday, October 24, 2010

You Can Count on Me

It's a beautiful Sunday here, so Chloe the cutie puppy and I spent some time playing at the dog park this afternoon. Now that we're back at home, she's wiped out, so I had some uninterrupted stamping time. I made this sweet card for today's SCS featured stamper challenge, based on this card.

I changed the orientation of the layout and a few other details for my card. I used one of the DoodleFactory Take a Seat cuties from Starving Artistamps for my focal image. She's colored with Copic markers and cut out using the out of the box technique to get her feet to extend beyond the image panel. I added some Glossy Accents to her glasses for a glass-like look.

Instead of using an embossed panel across the cardfront, I used a patterned paper that features numbers. To match the pattern, I picked the "you can count on me" sentiment from the Here for You sentiment set. Worked perfectly! I added a pair of silver brads to accent the sentiment, then assembled all the pieces on a white cardbase.

Materials Used:
DoodleFactory People-Take a Seat and Here for You sentiment sets (Starving Artistamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Blueberry Sky cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Riding Hood Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); designer paper (Bo Bunny); rectangle die (Spellbinders); silver brads (Making Memories); Glossy Accents (Ranger)

2 comments:

  1. Oh your little girl is such a sweetie and the sentiment is just perfect

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips