Sunday, October 24, 2010

Simply Bewitching

When I saw this week’s Color Throwdown challenge colors—Dusty Durango, So Saffron, and Perfect Plum—I first thought, “no way.” But, I thought about it a little more and decided to give the challenge a try with the Witchy set from The Cat’s Pajamas.

I colored the little witch and her companion with Copic markers using shades that were similar to the challenge colors. I carefully cut her out so I could set her in a simple scene. I wanted a nighttime scene, so I started with a plum panel with torn gray strips as the base (a sidewalk, maybe?). I embossed a circle with a dotted pattern, then brushed it with shimmery white ink to make a moon for the night sky. It’s attached to the scene with foam tape so that the little witch is looking up at the full moon from below.

I kept the rest of the card simple since I was already having a hard time with these colors. I used a piece of plaid paper from Cosmo Cricket’s Matilda line to cover most of the cardfront. Since the plaid looked busy to me, I added some solid strips of So Saffron and Dusty Durango cardstock at the bottom. I wrapped some baker’s twine around the So Saffron panel to fill in the open space a little, then stamped the “you’re simply bewitching” sentiment along the side of the image panel in black ink. Not my most favorite color combination and it was really a challenge, but I think I got it to work.

Materials Used:
Witchy stamp set (The Cat’s Pajamas); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Brilliance Moonlight White ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Dusty Durango, So Saffron, Perfect Plum, and Basic Gray cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Matilda mini deck (Cosmo Cricket); circle punch (EK Success); Polka Dots embossing folder (QuicKutz); baker’s twine (The Twinery); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. Aww what a cutie! That's such a sweet image and I love your torn sidewalk, looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card, Lori! Love the layout and fun image! Glad you could join in on the Color Throwdown

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips