Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Antoinette in Distress

Here’s my card for this week’s distressing challenge from Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps. I paired the Moonlight Whispers Antoinette image with this week’s Sweet Sunday Sketch challenge, slightly modified to fit my image and available supplies, and some Good Cheer designer paper for this wintery card.

I colored Antoinette with Copic markers and carefully cut her out. For some sparkle, I added a little Sugar Sparkly Fluff along the bottom of her dress and on the buttons, too. I think Chloe the cutie (and curious) puppy managed to get a little sparkle on her nose in the process . . . She’s set on a snowflake patterned panel with distressed edges.

The rest of the card is pretty simple. I layered the stamped image panel on a big scalloped rectangle and assembled the pieces on my cardfront. The cardfront is covered with another pattern from the Good Cheer collection. I love the red and aqua color combo! I added a paper snowflake with a red crystal brad at the center as an embellishment next to the image for a final wintery touch.

Materials Used:
Moonlight Whispers Antoinette image (Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Riding Hood Red cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Aqua Mist cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Good Cheer designer paper (October Afternoon); rectangle and big scalloped rectangle dies (Spellbinders); red grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); snowflake, crystal brad (Making Memories); foam tape

1 comment:

  1. Pretty, pretty card!!!
    COngrats on winning at Kraftin' Kimmie thisweek!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips