Tuesday, November 16, 2010

IHP DT Challenge: Lights All Aglow

The theme for this month’s i {heart} papers design team challenge theme is "lights all aglow." I went with a pretty literal interpretation of the theme and created a pretty set of stamped tealights, packaged in a handmade box. The box is dressed up with some sparkly supplies from IHP.

I started off by decorating the tealights. I stamped one of the snowflakes from the Hero Arts Get Merry! stamp set on white tissue paper in blue ink, then punched out the stamped images with a circle punch and used my heat tool to melt the tissue into the top of each of the four tealights.

The box is made from a 5” x 8” piece of cardstock with a few cuts and scores, done with the ScorBuddy, and assembled with redline tape. It’s a variation of the slidetop box I shared in this post. This box is all one piece and the top flips up. I posted a template here if you'd like to try to make one of your own.

I used a sheet of silver foil (it's actually the back side of one of the pack's green sheets) to make a decorative strip for the top of the box. It’s embossed with a snowflake embossing folder to coordinate with the candles. I made a simple round tag using the same snowflake stamp as I used on the candles plus a sentiment. The tag's attached to the box with some sparkly metallic white string.

Be sure to visit the rest of the IHP DT for more bright inspiration. Here’s where to find them:

Materials Used:
from
i {heart} papers: Hero Arts Get Merry! stamp set, QuicKutz Snowflake embossing folder, Spellbinders foil sheets and Nestabilities circle dies, ScorBuddy, i {stick} papers redline tape, May Arts metallic white string

other: Blueberry Sky and Enchanted Evening cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Silver ink (Encore); corner rounder (Stampin’ Up!); circle punch (EK Success); handheld punch

8 comments:

  1. Wow wow wow! LOVE this! These are so lovely with the snowflakes stamped on top, and the box, with its foil lid, is over-the-top gorgeous! woohooooo Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *squeal* I love it, Lori!!!!!!!!!!!! I have never tried the tissue paper wax thing before, but this set is so brilliant, I have got to give it a try!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh these are the cutest Lori! I never thought to stamp the tops of the tea lights (duh!) Guess what I'm making for favors at my holiday table?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these colors! Great project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought I had already commented on this great project Lori. I love the way you did your stamped snowflakes on your tea lights. I really need to try this for a Christmas gift this year. Awesome job, girlie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is a perfect gift! I never thought of packaging for candles- such a great idea Lori.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips