Wednesday, November 17, 2010

You're the Best

Here’s my card for this week’s Our Craft Lounge sketch challenge. I used the Tweet Trees set for this week’s sketch along with a pair of patterned papers from Basic Grey’s Marjolaine 6x6 paper pad.

I stamped the tree image in brown ink, then paper pieced the tree with a combination of green cardstock and patterned paper with an interesting, textured look. I used the solid for the base, then added the smaller circles with the patterned paper, using dimensional dots to get a layered look. The grass beneath the tree is added in with a combination of YG Copic markers.

To coordinate with the tree image, I used a paper with a circle pattern for the panel that goes across the cardfront. And to tie things in, I used a strip of the same paper I used for the circles on the trees for the panel that runs along the left side of the cardfront. I layered the strip on a kraft mat and paper pierced along one side, mimicking the dotted look of the circles on the patterned paper.

I stamped the “you’re the best” sentiment from the Big Thanks set on a white label die cut. To attach it to the card, I used some twine, wrapped around the card and tied in a nice bow.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Our Craft Lounge Tweet Trees and Big Thanks stamp sets, Memento Rich Cocoa ink, Couture Cardstock white Copic blending cardstock, Copic markers (YG91, YG93, YG95, W00, W-1), Basic Grey Marjolaine designer paper, Spellbinders rectangle and Labels Trio dies, Creative Impressions twine, Zva Creative dimensional dots

other: Green Apple cardstock (Gina K Designs); Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin’ Up!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips