Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Keep Your Chin Up

Here’s my card for this week’s Taylored Expressions sketch challenge. I used one of the DoodleFactory People-Take a Seat cuties from Starving Artistamps for my focal image panel.

I made a simple scene for my little girl by attaching a strip of border punched grass along the bottom of a pale blue circle. The girl is colored with Copic markers, cut out, and attached to the scene with foam tape. I layered the scene on a red panel, then on a scallop edged kraft circle.

I used some coordinating patterned paper from Crate Paper’s School Spirit line to cover most of the cardfront. A strip of gold cardstock, bordered with red, runs along the center of the card. I stitched the edges to add some interest. I attached the image panel to the card and added a button embellished red bow at the top of the image. The “keep your chin up” sentiment fit perfectly on the gold panel, just underneath the image.

Materials Used:
DoodleFactory People-Take a Seat and Here for You stamp sets (Starving Artistamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Riding Hood Red, Soft Sky, Kiwi Kiss, and Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Harvest Gold cardstock, Pure Poppy button (Papertrey Ink); School Spirit designer paper (Crate Paper); circle and scalloped circle dies (Spellbinders); grass border punch (Martha Stewart); red grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); sewing machine; twine; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips