Tuesday, November 2, 2010

You've Been Framed

I have a fun and easy project to share for this week’s 3D Tuesday challenge at Paper Craft Planet. This week’s challenge is to make your own picture frame using some chipboard (or cardboard pieces) and the die cut shape of your choice.

Here’s how to make your frame. You need two identical sized pieces of chipboard or cardboard for the front and back of your frame (and a photo, of course!). Cover both pieces with designer paper. I picked a feminine pattern since I planned to put a photo of Chloe the cutie puppy inside my frame.

Take one of the paper covered chipboard pieces and a die cut shape of your choice (I used a Spellbinders Labels 10 die for mine) and cut an opening in the center of the piece—and save the piece you cut out to use to finish the project. Be sure that the piece you cut out will leave you with a border around the edge that’s wide enough to use to put the frame together.

Now you can put the pieces together. Center your photo behind the opening. If you want, you can layer a piece of acetate over your photo to protect it a little. I used redline tape to attach the two pieces of the frame.

I embellished my frame with a stamped panel. I used some custom stamps that Nicki and Reenee from Clear and Simple Stamps sent to me after Chloe the cutie puppy’s arrival. How sweet was that? This frame was the perfect place to use those images. I may be a little biased, but I do think she's just about the cutest goldendoodle puppy ever, just like the stamp says!

The last step is to use your cutout piece to make a stand for the back of the frame. Score the cutout piece about 1” from the top. Attach that 1” section to the back of the frame so that the decorative side faces out. Again, I used some redline tape to secure the stand to the frame.

I hope you’ll give this a try and share your finished frame in the PCP gallery. Be sure to use the keyword 3d86 when you upload your project so I can add it to the album with the rest of the challenge creations.

Materials Used:
custom stamps (Clear and Simple Stamps); Sweet Blush ink, Sweet Blush satin ribbon, Sweet Blush button (Papertrey Ink); Pink Pirouette and Whisper White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); designer paper (Making Memories); Labels 10 and petite oval dies (Spellbinders); pink baker's twine (Divine Twine); redline tape

2 comments:

  1. Look at little Chloe - so adorable! Yes the cutest goldendoodle puppy ever :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your frame is adorable, love little Chloe...didn't see any costumes on her though this year?

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips