Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Blinged Out Bananas

Here’s my card for this week’s Our Craft Lounge sketch challenge. I used the Jungle Love set for this week’s sketch. Usually when I use this set, I make cards for little boys, so this time, I challenged myself to go girlie.

I colored the monkey image with Copic markers. The monkey’s head was stamped a second time on a scrap of white cardstock, cut out, and added to the image with foam tape.

I used a piece of KaiserCraft’s Hey Birdie paper with some foil in the pattern for a sparkly touch. I embossed two strips of pink cardstock with a dotted pattern for the panels underneath the image. A pair of coordinating green twill tabs slipped under the image panel before I attached it to the cardfront. The sentiment is layered on a pink mat and angled over the top right corner of the image panel using dimensional dots. I added a trio of pale pink brads to the top left corner of the patterned paper before attaching the panel to a pink card base. Girlie? I think so!

Materials Used:
from
i {heart} papers: Our Craft Lounge Jungle Love stamp set, Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Couture Cardstock white Copic blending cardstock, Copic markers (E000, E13, E17, E18, E21, E31, E33, E34, E35, E37, Y000, Y11, Y13, Y18, R21, YG07, YG13), QuicKutz Polka Dots (small) embossing folder, KaiserCraft Hey Birdie designer paper, Alexx Kesh green twill, Spellbinders rectangle dies, Creative Impressions pastel mini brads, Zva Creative dimensional dots

other: Simply Chartreuse and Hibiscus Burst cardstock (Papertrey Ink)

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips