Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Forever and Always

Here's my card for Mercy's last sketch challenge. I'm sad to see her challenges end--I always enjoyed playing along and was so honored to be asked to join her team as a Guest Muse for September.

I used one of the new Juniper and Jupiter images from Starving Artistamps called Forever & Always. I stamped the happy couple on white cardstock and colored them with Copic markers, then carefully cut them out. They're layered on a white doily using foam tape.

The rest of the card's pretty simple. I used a pale pink card base to coordinate with Juniper's dress and added a patterned paper panel over most of it to add some interest. A brushed silver scallop edged strip runs across the card, but is mostly covered by the doily. I added a strip of rose ribbon along the top of the silver scalloped panel for a little more color. The "forever & always" sentiment is stamped beneath the image in black ink. The final touch was some White Opal Liquid Pearls dotted on to Juniper's jewelry. I saved that for last, hoping that it would help me to not smear the stuff--LOL!

Materials Used:
Juniper and Jupiter Forever & Always (Starving Artistamps); white cardstock (Couture Cardstock); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Pink Pirouette and Brushed Silver cardstock, Pink Pirouette Patterns DSP, Regal Rose grosgrain ribbon (Stampin' Up!); large scallop die (Papertrey Ink); White Opal Liquid Pearls (Ranger); doily; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips