Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Thanks for Your Support

Here's my card for this week's Hip Hop sketch challenge. It's kind of busy and bright, but I think it's okay for a cheerful, fun thank you card.

I used Unity's Sexy, Silly, and Sassy December Stampin' Store Kit for my focal image. The fancy bra is both colored with Copic markers and paper pieced (with some Jillibean Soup paper) to get the solid and dotted look. It's "hung" on a twine clothesline that stretches across the panel. I used my airbrush tool to make a soft sky background for behind the image. More Jillibean Soup is stitched along the bottom of the panel as grass. The sentiment is stamped directly on the patterned paper grass in black ink.

I used a combination of papers and ribbons to cover the cardfront. Most of the cardfront is covered with a striped pattern from October Afternoon's Modern Homemaker pad. For the strips across the card, I used both ribbons and cardstock to add a little texture. Once everything was layered on, I machine stitched around the edge of the card. The final touch was a green twill bow, made with my Bow Easy.

I'm off to watch some hockey on TV with my Chloe the cutie puppy. Now that she's getting a little older, she's becoming much more cuddly, which is nice. She'll actually sit with you for a while now instead of running and tumbling all over the place. It makes it much easier to watch TV when I'm not worrying about where Chloe will hop to next.

Materials Used:
from
i {heart} papers: Unity Stamp Co. December 2010 Stampin' Store Kit-Sexy, Silly, and Sassy, Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Spellbinders rectangle and scalloped rectangle dies, Copic markers (RV11, RV13, RV14, B21), Jillibean Soup Soup Staples designer paper, October Afternoon Modern Homemaker pad, Alexx Kesh green herringbone twill, May Arts ivory and pink checked ribbon, Creative Impressions natural twine string thread, Bow Easy, Zva Creative dimensional dots

other: white cardstock (Couture Cardstock); Tempting Turquoise cardstock (Stampin' Up!); sewing machine

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips