Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Warm and Toasty

Here's my card for today's SCS sketch challenge. It's funny that I'm making a cold weather card when things are finally warming up to somewhat seasonal today. It was so nice this afternoon (comparatively to the rest of the month) that Chloe the cutie puppy and I took a super long walk around our neighborhood. It's been a while since I haven't cut our walks short because of either the cold or the wind, so I know Chloe enjoyed the extra time outside.

I used the Sheepish set from The Cat's Pajamas for my card. The sheep is colored with Copic markers and carefully cut out using the out of the box technique. The "warm and toasty" sentiment is stamped on the long strip at the bottom of the card. I dressed up the empty space at the end of the panel with a felt heart accented with a brown button and some baker's twine.

The image is set on a brown cardfront covered with paper from Echo Park's Merry Christmas Collection Kit. I cut a panel of paper, then cut it in sections so I could show off both of the pretty patterns.

Materials Used:
Sheepish stamp set (The Cat's Pajamas); white cardstock (Couture Cardstock); markers (Copic); Early Espresso cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Happy Holidays designer paper (Merry Christmas Collection Kit-Echo Park); heart die (My Favorite Things); button (Clear and Simple Stamps); baker's twine (The Twinery)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips