Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Jupiter Has a Surprise for You

Here's my card for today's SCS sketch challenge. I went with a simple blue color scheme to show off the sweet Surprise Jupiter image from Starving Artistamps.

Jupiter is colored with Copic markers in shades of browns and blues. I tried to keep it sort of masculine. I paired the colored image with two patterned papers from a DCWV holiday mat stack. I went with my standard dots and stripes combo, using dots for the background panel and stripes for the layers. I didn't mat the layers, but maybe I should have to make them stand out a little more . . .

A trio of snowflake buttons decorates the top of the card. I tied some baker's twine through the buttonholes for a pop of color on the white. The holes in these buttons were super tiny, so I used an old-fashioned needle threader to help me get the job done. I decided to leave the sentiment off so that the card would work for the holidays or for a birthday.

That's it for tonight. I'm off to bed shortly--have to be up early in the morning to drive to a training that's a while away in the unpleasant DC area traffic.


Materials Used:

Present Jupiter image (Starving Artistamps); white cardstock (Couture Cardstock); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Pacific Point cardstock (Stampin' Up!); The Winter Combo matstack (DCWV); snowflake buttons (Blumenthal Lansing); Enchanted Evening baker's twine (Papertrey Ink)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips