Saturday, December 4, 2010

Keeping Warm with Jupiter and Juniper

Here’s a simple winter card featuring the new Winter Jupiter image from Starving Artistamps. I used a great color combination from this week’s Color Throwdown for the card—Marina Mist, Bashful Blue, and Chocolate Chip. I love the blue/brown combo!

I colored Jupiter with Copic markers and cut him out. The pom pom at the top of his hat is covered with some white flock for a fluffy look. I made a snowy scene for Jupiter to sit in. The background is a Marina Mist panel, embossed with a snowflake pattern that’s been brushed with shimmery white ink to highlight the raised images. I added some torn shimmery white strips along the bottom of the panel for the snowy ground.

I attached the completed scene to some paper with a subtle snowflake pattern. The “let it snow” sentiment is stamped along the side of the image panel in Marina Mist ink. I added a glittery snowflake with a button center as a fun accent.

Materials Used:
Winter Jupiter image (Starving Artistamps); white cardstock (Couture Cardstock); Memento Tuxedo Black and Brilliance Moonlight White inks (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Marina Mist Classic ink, Marina Mist, Bashful Blue, and Shimmery White cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); designer paper (DCWV); Snowflake embossing folder (QuicKutz); button (Clear and Simple Stamps); baker’s twine (The Twinery); acetate snowflake (Me and My Big Ideas); white flock (Stampendous); foam tape

I couldn’t show you Winter Jupiter without giving equal time to his female counterpart, Winter Juniper. So, here she is. I made this one a sweet Valentine’s Day card by using shades of pink and red along with some heart patterned paper.

Juniper is colored with Copic markers. I used some Sparkly Fluff to accent her coat, muff, and boots. She’s seated on a red satin ribbon strip. I added a button-embellished bow to the end of the ribbon, tied up with a little red baker’s twine.

I used a strip of Papertrey Ink’s Simple Valentine paper across the cardfront. The “you melt my heart” sentiment is stamped on a solid red panel and slipped underneath the patterned paper.

Materials Used:
Winter Juniper image, DoodleFactory Arctic sentiment (Starving Artistamps); white cardstock (Couture Cardstock); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Pink Pirouette and Real Red cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Simple Valentine patterned paper, Pure Poppy button, Pure Poppy baker’s twine (Papertrey Ink); Sugar Sparkly Fluff (Our Craft Lounge); red satin ribbon (Michaels); foam tape

4 comments:

  1. Ohhhh these are so cute ... the images are just adorable and I especially love your snowy scene on the first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an adorable card, Lori! I love when you play along at the Throwdown!! Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just adorable, Lori!! I love the little boys snowy background!! Thanks for playing along in the Color Throwdown with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both cards, Lori ♥ Great idea to make a male and female card with applicable color palettes :]

    Thanks for playing along with the Color Throwdown this week :]

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips