Saturday, December 4, 2010

Puppy Love

This week’s There She Goes challenge is to make a kid-friendly card. I made this bright and cheerful card for the challenge using this week’s Mojo Monday sketch as my starting point.

I stamped one of the adorable dog images from the Puppy Love set on a white circle. The image is colored with Copic markers to coordinate with the colors in the My Mind’s Eye Love Me Do designer paper that I used for the panels on the cardfront. I love the bold colors and patterns in this collection—glad I picked up some extra! The coordinating “puppy love” sentiment is stamped in red ink on another circle.

I arranged the two circle panels on the cardfront, then tackled the trio of embellishments. I knew I wanted to use hearts to go with the “love” part of the card, so I cut a trio of different color hearts from felt. Once I had them cut, I was stumped. I must have arranged them in 10 or more variations before settling on what you see here. I am happy with the final result, even though it took what seemed like forever to pull together.

We'll be having some puppy love at our house later on today. Chloe the cutie puppy's getting a visit from my sister's dog, her "cousin" Bella. Bella's not Chloe's biggest fan, so it's always interesting when the two of them get together . . .

Materials Used:
Puppy Love stamp set (There She Goes); white cardstock (Couture Cardstock); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Riding Hood Red cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Hawaiian Shores cardstock (Papertrey Ink); circle and heart dies (Spellbinders); felt; foam tape

1 comment:

  1. This is so cute- love the bright colors and the adorable image!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips