Sunday, December 12, 2010

Kind Deeds Duo

It's a super rainy and dreary Sunday here. I probably should have stayed in bed, but I didn't. I ventured out to run a few errands and my car got rear-ended while I was waiting to enter a traffic circle at a shopping center. No real damage done to either driver, but my car will need some repair work. Ugh . . .

Anyway, on to happier things. Here's my card for this week's featured stamper challenge. My card is based on this clean and simple design. For my version, I switched up the colors and the size of the card.

I stamped the floral silhouette image from the Clear and Simple Stamps Kind Deeds set in VIP Purple ink on a white panel. I used a square punch to punch out a section of the stamped image. This piece is layered on a slightly larger VIP Purple square, then lined up to match the larger image and secured in place with a little foam tape. I added a tiny punched butterfly to the raised square as a simple accent. It's super small, but with its folded up wings it adds just a little movement and dimension to the simple design.

The "thinking of you" sentiment from the Happy Fall set is stamped next to the image in the same purple ink. I wrapped a piece of matching satin ribbon around the card and knotted it, then attached the panel to a purple card base.

Materials Used:
Kind Deeds and Happy Fall stamp sets, VIP Purple ink, VIP Purple and A Blanc Check cardstock, VIP Purple satin ribbon (Clear and Simple Stamps); square punch (EK Success); butterfly punch (Martha Stewart); foam tape

And, while I had the Kind Deeds set out, I made this card for this week's Paper Craft Planet sketch challenge. I went for an earthy look on this card, using two of CSS's fabulous kraft cardstocks.

I stamped the silhouette image two times on a kraft panel using Kraft Like a Rockstar Green ink. For a little depth, I sponged some distress ink around the panel's edges before adding the "thank you" sentiment from the Icons Extras set. I love the mix of fonts in this set!

Instead of using patterned paper for the panel on the cardfront underneath the image panel, I embossed a piece of kraft cardstock with a houndstooth embossing folder. I machine stitched the panel's edges and attached it to a Kraft Like a Rockstar green card base. The embossing and the pretty matching satin ribbon and bow were just enough to dress up the card.

Materials Used:
Kind Deeds and Icons Extras stamp sets, Kraft Like a Rockstar Green ink, Kraft Like a Rockstar Green and Kraft Like a Rockstar cardstock, Kraft Like a Rockstar Green satin ribbon (Clear and Simple Stamps); Tea Dye distress ink (Ranger); Houndstooth embossing folder (Cuttlebug); Bow Easy; sewing machine

5 comments:

  1. WOW, beautiful cards - I love how you popped up the panel on your purple one.
    Sorry to hear about your accident, but so glad you weren't hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lori,

    These two cards are very very pretty! Love how you raised that frame on the first one and love the colors on the second one. Very very nice cards!

    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no what a bummer - sorry to hear about your fender bender, those are never fun. But super glad you are ok. Loving all the mojo on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this set and I especially love the 2nd card you created with it, beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips