Thursday, December 23, 2010

Merry Wishes from Chloe the Cutie Puppy

With the holidays fast approaching, it’s time to thank to the people who help us out throughout the year. One person I’m saying a big thank you to is Chloe the cutie puppy’s dog walker. Her walker comes on a daily basis to take Chloe out for a nice stroll while I’m away at work. I come home to a little report card telling me how her walk was and what cute things she did. I love to hear about how she chases leaves or interacts with my neighbors. It’s good to know that Chloe’s getting outside and burning some energy and that she’s in good hands all at the same time.

I made this dog themed card to give to her walker along with a thank you gift. I used the sweet dog image from one of the My Favorite Things Pure Innocence Boy and Dog sets, minus the boy. The dog is colored with Copic markers and carefully cut out. I used foam tape to attach the dog to a cream Labels 4 die cut. I matted the cream die cut with a red one. I wanted a narrower edge for the mat than cutting the next largest die would have given me, so I simply traced the edge of the die on the back of my red paper and cut along the pencil line to get the size I wanted. The “merry wishes” sentiment from another PI set is stamped on a strip that I set underneath the dog image. I added a red button, tied with some twine, as a simple accent. The pieces are layered over a strip of patterned paper from Echo Park's Merry Christmas Collection Kit.

Materials Used:
Pure Innocence Boy and Dog-Dog Gone Cute and Presents for You sets (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); white cardstock (Couture Cardstock); Fine Linen cardstock, banner die, Pure Poppy button, twine (Papertrey Ink); Riding Hood Red cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Happy Holidays designer paper (Merry Christmas Collection Kit-Echo Park); Labels 4 die (Spellbinders); foam tape

1 comment:

  1. This is so cute Lori and I'm sure your dog walked was very appreciative of it!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips