Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I'm Bananas over You

Here’s my card for this week’s Our Craft Lounge sketch challenge. I used one of my favorite OCL sets, Jungle Love, for this fun card.

I stamped the set’s monkey image on white cardstock using black ink. The image is colored with Copic markers. I stamped the monkey’s head a second time on a scrap of cardstock, colored it, cut it out, and attached it to the panel with a dimensional dot. I used a piece of die cut green felt to make a grassy base for the image.

The panels on the cardfront are made from papers in the My Mind’s Eye Fine and Dandy True Blue 6x6 pad. I picked a neutral woodgrain pattern for the top and a diagonal striped piece for the bottom. The sentiment is stamped in black ink on a die cut tag. I added a little yellow baker’s twine bow to the top of the tag.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Our Craft Lounge Jungle Love stamp set, Memento Tuxedo Black ink, X-Press Copic blending cardstock, Copic markers (YG17, YG25, E13, E17, E18, E25, E27, E34, Y00, Y11, Y15, W00, W-1, R21), My Mind’s Eye Fine and Dandy True Blue paper pad, Jillibean Soup baker’s twine, Zva Creative dimensional dots

other: Sahara Sand and Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); tag die (Sizzix); grass die (My Favorite Things); felt (Papertrey Ink)

1 comment:

  1. I totally LOVE this card Lori! Thanks so much for playing along on the sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips