Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Mushy for You Blog Hop


Today the designers from Clear and Simple Stamps will be sharing sets of Valentine’s Day cards made with this month’s Stamp of the Month, Fun Fungi. Wait until you see all the sweetness we have in store for you!

I made a set of three mini lunch box sized love notes using images from the Fun Fungi and Fun Fungi II sets. To keep things quick and simple, I used the same layout, color scheme and embellishments for each card, just switching up the sentiment on each one.

I used a 3 x 3 Kraft Like a Rockstar base for the cards and added on strips of Dare to Be a Diva Red and Perfect Little Black Dress cardstock as accents. I made sure to cut the black strips a little longer than 3” so that the end would extend beyond the card. I cut a little notch into the end for a fun detail.

I stamped one of the Fun Fungi mushroom duo images on a white circle and colored the image with shades of warm gray. The image is layered right on to the mini card. I added a red felt heart as an accent. A sentiment is stamped along the bottom edge of the card in black ink.

Be sure to visit the rest of the CSS team to see what they’ve created. Here's where to find them:

{Clear and Simple Stamps}
{Lori Tecler} --you're here!
{Ryann Salamon}

And, be sure to stop by the CSS iPhone for a daily dose of CSS inspiration. Here's a little sneak peek at my project that will be featured on the app tomorrow. You can find all the details on the app right here.

Materials Used:
Fun Fungi and Fun Fungi II stamp sets, Copic markers, Perfect Little Black Dress ink, Dare to Be a Diva Red, Perfect Little Black Dress, Kraft Like a Rockstar, and A Blanc Check cardstock (Clear and Simple Stamps); circle die (Spellbinders); heart die (My Favorite Things); red baker's twine (Divine Twine); black buttons; red felt; sewing machine

11 comments:

  1. love your layered embellishments-they only add instead of detract from the cute image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori these are so sweet! I am noticing a gray trend lately in the card making world. I love your gray and red combo! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute Lori, love the felt heart and the strip that extends beyond the card...and LOVE the sewing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet is that!! I love red and kraft together... you pulled it off in pretty style, dear! Happy times ahead for us on the CSS team!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, I love these!! Great coloring and I love all the layers and stitching! I have to get my hands on some red felt and that red and white twine so I can make a dozen of these! LOVE THEM!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How adorable! I really love the little felt hearts, so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. AMAZING!!! Loving these so much! I want to makes ones just like it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw your card on Splitcoast. My new favorite thing is mushrooms. Love this set and love what you've done with it!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips