Monday, January 10, 2011

Snow Day Wishes

The theme for today's SCS clean and simple challenge is snow days. We have the potential for a little of the white stuff tomorrow, so this challenge was perfectly timed for me! I pulled out my Papertrey Ink On Ice set for this simple wintery card.

I die cut a pair of skates from white paper, then stamped the skate image on the die cuts in black ink. I used pale blue Copic markers to shade the skates a little and colored the blades with some cool grays. The skates are "tied" together with a little baker's twine.

I used a scrap of snow patterned cardstock to anchor the skates on the cardfront. A trio of small clear crystals runs down the left side of the patterned paper. I attached the skates to a blue circle, adhering one directly to the circle and using foam tape to attach the second one. The circle is attached to the cardfront, overlapping the patterned strip. Once I had the panel in place, I stamped the wintery sentiment directly on the cardfront in blue ink.

Materials Used:
On Ice stamp set, Enchanted Evening ink, On Ice dies (Papertrey Ink); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Marina Mist and Bashful Blue cardstock (Stampin' Up!); The Winter Combo matstack (DCWV); circle die (Spellbinders); clear crystals (Imaginisce); gray baker's twine (Divine Twine); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips