Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Chill Out

Since much of the country seems to be snow-covered right now, it seemed only appropriate to go with a snow-covered card today. I combined today's SCS sketch challenge with this week's Color Throwdown colors--Bashful Blue, So Saffron, Early Espresso, and Kraft--for this chilly card.

I used a fun image from the DoodleFactory Arctic collection from Starving Artistamps for my focal image. I colored Dodge with Copic markers, adding a little white flock to his hat and cuffs. The image is cut out and added to the scene with foam tape. I used an embossing folder for the snowy texture, rubbing the raised flakes with a shimmery white ink for a little sparkle and added snow along the bottom of the panel with torn strips of shimmery white cardstock.

The scene is set on some snowflake patterned paper. I matted the paper on a So Saffron mat, then machine-stitched aroudn the edges. The set's "chill out" sentiment is stamped along the side of the image panel in dark brown ink. I added a pair of brads as an accent, then layered the piece on a kraft card base to finish the card.

Materials Used:
DoodleFactory Arctic stamp set (Starving Artistamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black and Brilliance Moonlight White inks (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); So Saffron, Bashful Blue, Crumb Cake, and Shimmery White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Dark Chocolate ink (Papertrey Ink); The Winter Combo matstack (DCWV); Snowflakes embossing folder (QuicKutz); white flock (Stampendous); brads; sewing machine; foam tape

2 comments:

  1. Oh how cute, Lori! I love this layout and the way you placed the sentiment. All those snowflakes are certainly appropriate right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, this is so cute!! I love this image and I love your layout. Fab job with these Spring-y colors. You worked it so well for your Winter image! WOW!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips