Thursday, February 3, 2011

Bee My Honey

Here’s my card for this week’s TCP Tuesday challenge. At first, I wasn’t sure about the sketch, but in the end I’m really happy with how my card turned out.

I used the adorable new Honey Bear set for my card. I colored the bear with Copic markers and cut him out. He’s set on a panel of grid patterned paper from Cosmo Cricket’s Circa 1934 line. I stamped the set’s “bee my honey” sentiment at the bottom of the panel, nestled underneath the bear’s feet.

I used a different pattern from the Circa 1934 line for the big circle behind the bear. It’s layered on a big scalloped circle mat, then set on a golden yellow panel embossed with a dotted pattern. The dotted pattern adds a nice texture, but it also hides that this paper has had an encounter with Chloe the cutie puppy (the world’s biggest paper thief!) and was just a little crinkled. I found three different colors of ribbon to use for the strips along the right side of the card. I purposely selected different widths and textures to add interest to the design. Once those were in place, I secured the panel with the bear to the card. It needed just a little something else, so I stuck on a red button, tied with some baker’s twine.

Materials Used:
Honey Bear stamp set, Cherry Red Divine Twine (The Cat’s Pajamas); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Riding Hood Red and Close to Cocoa cardstock, So Saffron grosgrain ribbon (Stampin’ Up!); Harvest Gold cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Circa 1934 mini deck (Cosmo Cricket); circle and big scalloped circle dies (Spellbinders); Polka Dots embossing folder (Sizzix); Pure Poppy button (Papertrey Ink); red satin ribbon (Target); brown twill (Martha Stewart)

2 comments:

  1. Cute honey bear, Lori! Thanks for playing along with the sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT colors! I love the yellow:) PJ looks so cute with his honey;)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips