Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Who Rules?

Here's my card for this week's SCS sketch challenge. I went super girly with the princess image from the new Antidepresstamps Royalty set from Starving Artistamps.

The princess is colored with Copic markers. I dotted some pink Liquid Pearls on her crown for a fun sparkle and some dimension.

I used several shades of pink for the cardfront. The base is covered with a piece of striped paper. To add some texture, I used rose cardstock embossed with a dotted pattern for the panel on the left side of the cardfront. The "girls rule" sentiment is stamped on ribbon strip and set on a solid deep pink panel with paper piercing along the bottom. The colored image panel is set on the right end of this strip. Looking at it now, I probably should have added some bling along the edge of the embossed panel. I just might go back and do that later on . . .

Materials Used:
Antidepresstamps Royalty set (Starving Artistamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Pink Pirouette, Regal Rose and Melon Mambo cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Be Mine Collection Kit (Echo Park); Polka Dots embossing folder (QuicKutz); pink grosgrain ribbon (Morex); pink Liquid Pearls (Ranger)

And, in the interest of fairness, I figured I'd make things even and share a little boy card featuring the set's prince image. I used the colors from this week's Color Throwdown as inspiration for my card--they're perfect for a boy card!

I colored the prince with Copic markers and again dotted the crown with Liquid Pearls. Since this is a boy card, I went pretty simple. I built the card around a piece of Basic Grey's Marjolaine designer paper that matched the challenge colors.

I added a piece of twill, custom colored with a Copic marker to get a darker shade of green. I added some brown ric rac underneath the twill. A blue button, tied with baker's twine, anchors the trims and ties them together. I stamped the set's "boys rule" sentiment above the trims. The celery panel at the bottom of the card was a last-minute addition. It breaks up the pattern just enough. In the end, I'm not sure who rules--boys or girls--but both are cute!

Materials Used:
Antidepresstamps Royalty set (Starving Artistamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Ballet Blue and Certainly Celery cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Marjolaine paper pad (Basic Grey); circle dies (Spellbinders); gold Liquid Pearls (Ranger); twill, ric rac (Martha Stewart); button, baker's twine (Papertrey Ink)

2 comments:

  1. These are CUUUUTE, Lori! LOVE those images! I love your ribbon/button/ric-rac combo on the boy card, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Tammy....these are CA-UUUUTE!!!! I love them both but the boy card is just my fave!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips