Thursday, February 17, 2011

You Make Life Sweet

This week’s TCP Tuesday challenge was to incorporate a non-traditional item—candy!—into your project. I happened to have a bag of heart-shaped lollipops sitting on my craft table (way far in the back so Chloe the cutie puppy couldn’t help her always hungry little self!), so I pulled out one to use for my card.

I decided that I’d place the lollipop in Honey Bear’s hand. I stamped him on white cardstock, colored the image with Copic markers, then cut it out. I used a handheld punch to make a hole through his outstretched paw and threaded the lollipop’s stick through the hole.

To coordinate with the bear image and the red/white lollipop, I used a kraft, brown, and red color scheme for the rest of the card. I started with a kraft panel embossed with a dotted pattern and machine stitched around the edges. I cut and embossed a large red circle, matting it with dark brown before setting it on the edge of the kraft panel. The left side of the circle is cut off so it’s flush with the card’s edge. A strip of red cardstock, paper pierced along the bottom, sits underneath the circle. I ran a strip of brown twill across the card to add some more texture. A red button, tied with red baker’s twine, anchors the end of the twill. The “you make life sweet” sentiment from the Like You a Latte set is stamped on a cream panel and slipped under the red strip. Once everything was in place, I used foam tape to secure Honey Bear and his sweet treat to the cardfront.

Materials Used:
Honey Bear and Like You a Latte stamp sets, Licorice Red Divine Twine baker’s twine (The Cat’s Pajamas); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip, Riding Hood Red, and Very Vanilla cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Polka Dots embossing folder (QuicKutz); Polka Dots embossing folder (Sizzix); brown twill (Martha Stewart); button (Papertrey Ink); sewing machine; foam tape

3 comments:

  1. Aww this is adorable! Love the challenge to use candy - one of my favorite food groups :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this sweet card with the different size embossed dots.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips