Monday, February 21, 2011

Who's Turning 5?

No one I know is turning 5 (at least not for a while!), but I made a fun birthday card for a soon-to-be 5 year old for this week's SCS clean and simple challenge. I went with a bold primary color scheme and a faux-letterpress background for my card.

I used Papertrey Ink's By the Numbers impression plate to make the number background. The plate was inked with white pigment ink, then run through my Big Shot with kraft cardstock. I love the subtle look!

I built the rest of the card around a Spring Moss circle. I used bold shapes and colors with lots of texture. I added a Harvest Gold die cut felt star and a die cut "5" to the circle. The 5 is embossed with a dotted pattern for more texture. The "who's turning" sentiment from PTI's Big Birthday Wishes set is stamped in black on a double-ended banner die cut. It's anchored to the blue circle with a blue button that's tied with baker's twine.

Materials Used:
Big Birthday Wishes stamp set, Pure Poppy, Spring Rain, and Kraft cardstock, By the Numbers impression plate, Seeing Stars, By the Numbers, and Double-Ended Banner dies, Harvest Gold felt, Enchanted Evening button, Enchanted Evening baker's twine (Papertrey Ink); circle die (Spellbinders); white craft ink (Stampin' Up!); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); Polka Dots embossing folder (Sizzix); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. I love your card. I have CASEd it and it is on my blog. I hope you don't mind. Thank you so much for the inpiration :0)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips