Monday, February 21, 2011

Warm Thoughts

I'm not a coffee drinker, but there's still something that draws me to coffee-themed stamp sets. I used Papertrey Ink's Warm Thoughts Too set for this card using the color combination from Heather's latest Totally Hues challenge.

I stamped the dotted cup image in Aqua Mist and the cup outline in Dark Chocolate on the die cut cup. It's set on an Aqua Mist circle using foam tape. I used Smokey Shadow ink, stamped off once, to stamp the steam. It's hard to see in the photo, but I traced over the lines with a glue pen and covered it with glitter for a little sparkle.

The sentiment is stamped on a Raspberry Fizz double-ended banner die cut. Finding the die, which had fallen behind a shelf, took longer than the making of the entire card! I set the pieces on a piece of Happy Spots patterned paper, then on an Ocean Tides card base. The Raspberry Fizz felt hearts were a last minute addition to the design. I clustered the trio of hearts just over the top of the steam for a fun detail.

Materials Used:
Warm Happiness Too stamp set, Dark Chocolate, Smokey Shadow, and Aqua Mist ink, Ocean Tides, Raspberry Fizz, Aqua Mist, and white cardstock, Happy Spots patterned paper, Warm Happiness, Heart Prints, and Double-Ended Banner dies, Raspberry Fizz felt (Papertrey Ink); Dazzling Diamonds (Stampin' Up!); circle die (Spellbinders); foam tape

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lori!

    I love this! Those cups of coffee are so cute and the colors you used are splashing! Very nice card!

    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job with the color challenge! I like your layout too!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeeeep! This is sooooo ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips