Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Celebrate with a Cupcake

Here's my card for this week's Papertrey Ink Make it Monday challenge. This week's challenge was to make glitter strips with ScorTape. I haven't done this in a while, so it was fun to come up with a layout that would show off the sparkly strips.

I used the Cupcake Collection die set to make a sweet cupcake. The top pieces are cut from felt and dressed up with a button "cherry" on top. The base is made from heavy duty aluminum foil, cut with the die, then run through my paper crimper for a textured look.

The cupcake is set on a piece of Dotty Biscotti patterned paper. I stamped the "celebrate" sentiment from the Fillable Frames #5 set in Raspberry Fizz ink on a Sweet Blush double-ended banner die cut and slipped the end of the strip under the cupcake base.

I added strips of Raspberry Fizz cardstock to the top and bottom of the Dotty Biscotti panel, then placed strips of 1/4" ScorTape on the paper. After removing the paper covering, I sprinkled on some sparkly glitter, dusting off the excess with a fluffy paint brush that I have on my desk just for that purpose. The panel is set on a Sweet Blush card base. I added a ribbon tab to the top of the panel, anchoring it with a big Raspberry Fizz button.

Materials Used:
Fillable Frames #5 stamp set, Raspberry Fizz ink, Sweet Blush and Raspberry Fizz cardstock, Dotty Biscotti patterned paper, Cupcake Collection and Double-Ended Banner dies, Vintage Cream and Dark Chocolate felt, Raspberry Fizz button (Papertrey Ink); pink grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); Dazzling Diamonds (Stampin' Up!); pink baker's twine (The Twinery); paper crimper (Fiskars); ScorTape

1 comment:

  1. Aww, I love a good cuppie and this is most certainly a goodie! Nifty foil wrapper. Your composition is so well layed out too. Great colors and ribbon loop. Fabulous Lori. Well done.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips