Friday, April 29, 2011

Friends with Flair: Ups & Downs, Inside & Out

Happy Friday! It’s been a long week here, as the week following a vacation usually is, but was made even longer due to lots of rainstorms, a broken air conditioning unit, and a keyed car. On a happier note, here’s my card for Friends with Flair using the I’m Here Itty Bitty.

I stamped the yoyo image twice on white cardstock and colored the image with Copic markers. To get a dimensional look, I cut out part of one of the image and layered it on top of the other one using a foam dot. The heart is glittered with some Stickles to accent it.

I kept the layout super simple, adding a red border to both sides of the image panel to set it off from the dotted paper I used on the cardfront. A strip of looped red and cream checked ribbon is set behind the image panel with a button, knotted with some twine, to anchor it at the top of the image panel. I stamped half of the set’s sentiment on the front of the card and the rest “I’m here” inside. If you look closely at the picture, you can sort of see my attempt at dressing up the inside of the card.

Be sure to stop by the Unity blog for links to the rest of this week's FWF players. And, if you're doing any shopping this weekend, stop by i {heart} papers. Kate's donating 10% of all orders placed through May 1 to the American Red Cross for their tornado relief fund to assist victims of this week's storms. What could be better than shopping and knowing you're contributing to a good cause at the same time?

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers:
Unity Stamp Co. I’m Here Itty Bitty, Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black ink, X-Press Copic blending cardstock, Copic markers (Y21, Y23, Y26, YR30, R12, R22, R24, W00, W-1, W-3), My Mind’s Eye Stella & Rose-Gertie 6 x 6 paper pad, May Arts red and cream checked ribbon, Creative Impressions natural twine, Ranger Ruby Slippers Glitz Stickles, Zva Creative dimensional dot

other: Real Red and Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin' Up!)

16 comments:

  1. so CUTE!!!! love the red and white and kraft together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I need to scraplift this! soooo cute~

    ReplyDelete
  3. This stamp is sooo lovely! And I love the card you created with it, that ribbon double under the button looks pretty! Great!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Love the ribbon and how you layered the yo-yo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving this Lori.. one cute card!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable card!


    Carol B
    ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how this turned out, great dimensional feel!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the design on this card, super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You cards is adorable. I never owuld have known how to use that itty bitty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic design! I love the ribbon treatment (adding to my mental bank for future reference)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lori, so cute!!!!!! LOVE the colors!! hugs, Katrina

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips