Friday, April 29, 2011

Blogger Challenge: Week 201

This week’s blogger challenge is a color challenge featuring rose, blue, and green. I paired this spring-like color combination with the new bunny image and matching sentiment from Verve.

As soon as I saw the bunny image, I knew I wanted to make an interactive card where the bunny could really shake. I used this week’s Mojo Monday sketch to make it happen. The card base is a Green Galore circle, cut with the largest Lacey Circles die. I added a smaller circle panel cut from a green gingham paper before layering on a rose strip tied with a matching ribbon.

For the backdrop for my shaking bunny, I cut a blue circle and embossed it with a dotted pattern. After shading the bunny a bit with gray markers and adding a little fluff and sparkle to its tail using Sparkly Fluff, I attached a dimensional dot to the back of the image. I cut a hole in the blue circle just a bit larger than the size of the dot, placed the dot through the hold, then removed the adhesive backing and attached a penny to it. This holds the bunny in place on the panel while allowing it to move from side to side. I layered the panel on a green mat before attaching it to the cardfront and accenting it with a trio of pink buttons. In place a trio of embellishments under the image, I stamped the “what’s shaking?” sentiment instead.

For more ideas using this color combination, check out the links below. And, if you join in the challenge, feel free to add your link to the list.


Materials Used:
Bunny Shake stamp set (Verve Stamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Green Galore, Bashful Blue, and Regal Rose cardstock, Regal Rose grosgrain ribbon (Stampin’ Up!) Sweet Summertime Collection Kit (Echo Park); circle and lacey circle dies (Spellbinders); Sugar Sparkly Fluff (Our Craft Lounge); Polka Dots embossing folder (Sizzix); buttons (Michaels); linen twine (The Cat’s Pajamas); dimensional dot

8 comments:

  1. How fun is that! Fab use of this weeks colors, wonderful interactive card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shape of this card is fantastic and I love the stitching on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute card. Love the bunny and the idea that he really shakes. Great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute!!! Love the papers, bunny, buttons and bow...of course the what's shaking is just perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, colors and bunny and shape :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to be back after two trips away. Missed you gals! This card is so excellent! Love it!! Hugs, Gayle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally love the colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is soooo sweet! Absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips