Sunday, April 17, 2011

Give it a Shot

Here's my card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch. I got this sweet Pure Innocence girl with my last order and couldn't wait any longer to ink her up! I was pretty literal in my interpretation of the sketch, but it worked perfectly to showcase the sporty little girl.

I colored the girl with Copic markers in shades of blues and greens. I added some Stickles to the heart in her hair for a little sparkle. Once she was colored, I set her onto my little scene with foam tape. To add interest to the light blue background panel, I embossed it with a dotted pattern before adding the die cut felt clouds and grass.

I used two different patterned papers for the cardfront--one with a green and blue circle motif for most of the panel and a blue striped one for the strip that runs the length of the card behind the image panel. I broke the blue patterned paper up a little with a strip of celery twill before layering the image panel on top. The set's "give it a shot" sentiment is stamped in turquoise on a banner die cut and attached to the card so the end is hidden underneath the image panel.

Materials Used:
Pure Innocence I Get a Kick out of You stamp set, Die-namics grass and flat-bottom cloud dies (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Pear Pizazz and Baja Breeze cardstock, Certainly Celery twill (Stampin' Up!); patterned paper (My Mind's Eye); Ducks in a Row patterned paper (October Afternoon); Simply Chartreuse felt (Papertrey Ink); Polka Dots embossing folder (Sizzix); Lime Green Stickles (Ranger); white felt; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips