Sunday, April 17, 2011

Mint Rainbow Thoughts

It's been a while since I played along with one of the Paper Craft Planet CAS (clean and simple) Card Group's challenges. As soon as I saw this week's lesson to create a card with a rainbow motif, the idea for this card popped into my head and I had to play along.

This quick card took less than 15 minutes from start to finish. I stamped one of the long border strip images from the Mint Motif Beyond Borders stamp set repeatedly in a rainbow array of Memento inks on a white panel. Each time I stamped, I shortened the length of the stamped image just a bit to add interest to the pattern. I stamped the "just thinking of you" sentiment from the Very Square Sentiments set in the open space underneath the images using black ink. I set the stamped panel on a black mat to set it off, then attached it to a white card base. What a bright and cheerful way to let someone know you're thinking of them!

Materials Used:

from
i {heart} papers: Mint Motif Beyond Borders and Very Square Sentiments stamp set, Tsukineko Memento Ladybug, Dandelion, Tangelo, Lulu Lavender, Pear Tart, Summer Sky, and Tuxedo Black inks

other: Basic Black cardstock (Stampin' Up!); white cardstock (Xerox)

3 comments:

 
Blogging tips