Monday, April 4, 2011

Hey Chick

Here's my card for this week's SCS clean and simple challenge to use pale yellow, pale aqua, and white. Since it was (finally!) spring-like today, I went very spring-y with a chick themed card. I used Twee, the sweet chick from the DoodleFactory Country set from Starving Artistamps, as my focal image. The chick's colored with Copic markers and cut out. I used foam tape to layer the chick on an aqua panel that I covered with two patterned paper panels for a little contrast. A white scalloped border adds some interest to the aqua panel's edge. The coordinating "hey chick" sentiment is stamped on a yellow banner die strip and stretched across the patterned paper panels. A yellow button tied with some baker's twine anchors the strip. What a cheery chick! Materials Used: DoodleFactory Country and Country Sentiments #2 sets (Starving Artistamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Barely Banana cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Aqua Mist cardstock, Bitty Box Basics patterned paper, Lemon Tart button (Papertrey Ink); Quite Contrary patterned paper (My Mind's Eye); baker's twine (The Twinery); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips