Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Build a Bouquet Birthday

I'm thrilled to be this month's Our Craft Lounge "Artist of the Month." Each week, some of my projects will be featured on the OCL blog and I'll be sharing them here, too. Here's my first project--a feminine birthday ensemble featuring images from the new Build-a-Bouquet stamp set. I made a card and a coordinating tag to dress up a small tin watering can.

For the card, I used bright, spring colors. A plaid patterned paper panel covers most of the card base. A block of pink dotted paper runs across the card. I machine stitched around the edges of both patterned paper panels for a finished look.

I stamped one of the flower images twice and colored it with Copic markers. For a dimensional look, I cut out the inside ring of petals on one of the flowers and attached it to the other flower with a dimensional dot. I colored and cut out a pair of leaves to slip under the flower after I attached it to the pink dotted panel. A strip of yellow faux suede ribbon, accented with a green button tied with some matching baker's twine, runs along the bottom of the panel. I stamped the "happy birthday" sentiment from the Tweet Thang set on right on the ribbon. I've found that Palette inks stamp the best on ribbon with the least amount of bleeding.

For the tag, I used pretty much the same basic materials. After die cutting a tag shape from yellow cardstock, I added a piece of the green plaid paper to the bottom and machine stitched along the edges. I stamped a different flower image for the tag, again cutting out the center and attaching it with a dimensional dot. I used yellow faux suede ribbon with a button and baker's twine to secure it to the watering can's handle. A pretty spring flower completes the ensemble.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Our Craft Lounge Build-a-Bouquet and Tweet Thang stamp sets, Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black ink, X-Press Copic blending cardstock, Copic markers (Y00, Y11, Y13, Y15, YG05, YG07, YG13, RV00, R81, R83, R85), Jillibean Soup Soup Staples designer paper, Echo Park Little Girl Collection Kit, May Arts yellow faux suede ribbon, Divine Twine Green Apple baker's twine, Palette Noir Black ink, Zva Creative dimensional dots

other: Daffodil Delight, Kiwi Kiss and Blushing Bride cardstock (Stampin' Up!); buttons (Michaels); tag die (Sizzix); sewing machine
; tin watering can

2 comments:

  1. Way to go!!! That is fabulous news and I love the bright colors of this set you created. Looks marvelous with the flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on being their very first artist of the month, Lori! Love your project!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips