Tuesday, April 26, 2011

TCP Tuesday 156-How've You Bean?



It's time for this week's TCP Tuesday challenge. This week's challenge is an inspiration challenge based on the photo collage seen above. I took the coffee theme and the color combination in the photos and ran with it for my card.

I used the adorable little boy image from Like You a Latte as my focal image. He's colored with Copic markers and cut out. It's hard to see in the photo, but I added some white flock to his cuffs, kinda like the "fluffy" whipped topping on fancy coffee drinks.

He's set at the edge of a fun zig zag paper panel that's the same color as one of the containers in the inspiration photo. I matted it on a blue panel and machine stitched around its edges before layering it on a kraft panel. The "how've you bean?" sentiment from the You Suit Me stamp set is stamped on a blue strip that I set across the patterned paper panel. I added a button, tied with a little bit of Brown Sugar Divine Twine to anchor it. The panel's set on a rich Dusty Durango card base, picking up on the deep rust color in one of the photos.

I hope you'll play along with the Cat Pack in this week's challenge. As always, the weekly Cat Cash prize is up for grabs for one lucky participant who adds their creation to the guestbook on Alma's blog--as is a chance to be named the next Swanky Stamper. And, Alma will be sharing links to the Cat Pack's creations on her blog all week, so be sure to check in for some fabulous inspiration.

Materials Used:
Like You A Latte and You Suit Me stamp sets, Divine Twine Brown Sugar baker's twine (The Cat's Pajamas); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); Dusty Durango, Crumb Cake, and Marina Mist cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Stell and Rose-Mabel patterned paper pad (My Mind's Eye); button (Papertrey Ink); silver pen (Sakura); white flock (Stampendous); sewing machine; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips