Sunday, May 15, 2011

Sweet Days

Yesterday was a pretty dreary day that ended with a stormy night, so I thought I'd pull together a bright and cheery card to lighten things up a bit around here.

I started with the inspiration photo from the latest Our Craft Lounge challenge and combined it with this month's Sketch for You to Try for this card. The inspiration photo features a yummy looking popsicles in lots of summery colors. I incorporated some of the colors from the photo plus the stripes and circles seen in the popsicles. And, I used a tree image--sort of popsicle shaped if you thing about it, right?

I colored one of the tree images from the Tweet Trees set with Copic markers. I used some dots to fill in the treetop--a little out of the norm for me, but a fun change. After coloring the tree, I set it on a polka dot embossed circle panel using dimensional dots.

I covered the cardfront with patterned paper panels from two different paper lines. They work together pretty well even though they're not designed to! Each panel is layered on a pink mat and machine stitched around the edges. I set the patterned pieces on a green panel, then stretched a piece of celery striped twill over them, running the length of the card. I attached the image panel and added the "wishing you sweet days" sentiment, stamped in Rose Bud ink on a smaller circle, to the edge of the panel. A tiny bit of the twine is knotted and attached at the bottom of the sentiment panel to dress it up a bit. Sweet and summery all at the same time!

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Our Craft Lounge Tweet Trees stamp set, Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black and Rose Bud inks, X-Press Copic blending cardstock, Copic markers (E25, E31, E34, YG01, YG03, YG05, YG09, YG13, YG17, G07), Echo Park A Walk in the Park Collection Kit, My Mind's Eye Lime Twist-Happy Go Lucky 6 x 6 paper pad, Spellbinders circle dies, May Arts celery striped twill, QuicKutz polka dot embossing folder, Zva Creative dimensional dots

other: Pretty in Pink and Melon Mambo cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Simply Chartreuse cardstock (Papertrey Ink); sewing machine

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips