Sunday, May 15, 2011

Feel Better Soon

Here's my card for this week's SCS featured stamper challenge. It's based on this clean and simple design. Even though I have the Papertrey Ink stamp set used in the original card, I used Verve's Hope Blooms set for my version, scaling things down just a bit to work with the smaller flower image.

I stamped the set's largest flower image three times, starting with the middle flower and then masking it with a sticky note to add the other two. Once the flowers were stamped, I lightly inked the edges of the panel with distress ink for a softly aged look.

I layered the panel on a darker green mat, then wrapped some twine around the layered panels. After the twine was in place, I stamped the set's "feel better soon" sentiment above the knot. I layered the panels on a kraft card base to finish my version. The scale's smaller and there's one more layer, but I still think it's a great clean and simple card.

Materials Used:
Hope Blooms stamp set (Verve Stamps); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); Spring Moss and Ripe Avocado cardstock, twine (Papertrey Ink); Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Tea Dye distress ink (Ranger)

1 comment:

  1. You did a great job with masking here, it's a really lovely CAS card!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips