Saturday, May 21, 2011

Thank You

For my birthday a few days ago, my co-worker made homemade waffles for breakfast for all of us. I wanted to make her a thank you card to let her know I appreciated all the effort it took to put the breakfast together, so I made this simple thank you card using this week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge.

I stamped the sweet Pure Innocence An Apple for You image and colored her up with Copic markers, then cut her out. I used foam tape to add her to a blue panel with a little grass-edged strip along the bottom.

The rest of the card is very simple. I can see where this sketch can get detailed and fancy, but I kept within my comfort zone, using a bold patterned paper strip just underneath the image along with narrower coordinating strips of grosgrain ribbon (for texture) and green scallop edged cardstock. All the pieces are placed directly on the pale yellow card base with no extra mats or layers. I added a green button, tied with baker’s twine as an accent, then stamped the set’s “thank you” sentiment alongside the image panel. I left the little bit of Stickles on her barrette and dress for last--and still managed to smear and smudge them . . .

Materials Used:
Pure Innocence An Apple for You stamp set, Die-namics grass border die (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Barely Banana and Bashful Blue cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Simply Chartreuse cardstock, medium scallop border die (Papertrey Ink); Sweet Nectar designer paper (K & Company); Lime Green Stickles (Ranger); green button (Michaels); green baker’s twine (Divine Twine); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips