Tuesday, June 7, 2011

TCP Tuesday 162-Sea You

It’s Tuesday and that brings a brand new TCP Tuesday challenge. This week, our hostess Julie is challenging us to use fabric on our creations.

I went with some old denim scraps for my fabric element. I stamped the whale image from the A Whale of a Time set on the denim using a hybrid ink—this seems to work best for me when I’m working with fabrics. After cutting out the stamped image, I set it on an aqua card base in a “sea” of CutUps Wave die cuts. For some sparkle, I added a clear crystal eye and spout.

To keep the focus on my fun fabric element, I kept the rest of the card simple. I added a strip of coordinating striped paper--appropriately named "Seaside Stripe!"-- along the bottom of the cardfront, topping it off with a piece of satin ribbon. I stamped the set’s “sea you!” sentiment next to the whale in black ink.

Playing along with the challenge enters you into the mix for the weekly Cat Cash prize awarded to one lucky participant who adds their creation to the guestbook on Alma's blog--and gives you the chance to be honored as the next Swanky Stamper. And, Alma will be sharing links to the Cat Pack's creations on her blog all week, so be sure to check in regularly for some eye candy and inspiration.

Materials Used:
A Whale of a Time stamp set, CutUps Wave die (The Cat’s Pajamas); Noir Black ink (Palette); Aqua Mist cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Blue Bayou cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Seaside Stripe patterned paper (Good Day Sunshine line-My Mind’s Eye); satin ribbon (Michaels); clear crystal flourish (Recollections); denim; foam tape

1 comment:

  1. Cute- love how you cropped the waves so they didn't go across the whole card!! I would never think do that- looks just right;)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips