Tuesday, June 7, 2011

What's Cookin'?

Here’s my card for this week’s Kraftin’ Kimmie challenge to use paper piecing. I usually color these Moonlight Whispers images, so this was a fun change for me. I paired Agnes with last week’s CPS sketch.

Something about the cooking theme of the image makes me think of the country feel of gingham, so I went with that. I found a piece of patterned paper with two different scaled gingham patterns and used that, going with the smaller scale for the paper pieced part of the image and the larger scaled pattern to cover most of the cardfront. I colored in the rest of the image with Copic markers.

The image is layered on a kraft panel, then on a larger red mat. The coordinating "what's cookin'?" sentiment is stamped alongside the cutout image. After machine stitching around the edges of the red gingham panel, I set the image on top. For some contrast, I stretched a strip of dark brown twine across the card and anchored it with a button tied with a little twine. I left off the trio of small embellishments at the upper left side of the image panel--they would have been lost with all the gingham going on here anyway.

Materials Used:
Moonlight Whispers Agnes image (Kraftin’ Kimmie Stamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Riding Hood Red and Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); red gingham designer paper (Creative Imaginations); brown twill (Martha Stewart); red button (Michaels); twine (Papertrey Ink); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. OH my gosh Lori!!! That is perfect!! Love the pattern on Agnes' dress! Great job with the challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Does this plaid make my bum look big?" "heck yeah it does! But I love you anyway Agnes" hehehehe! Love it!! My fave KK image right there:)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips