Tuesday, July 19, 2011

And Away We Go

This week's TCP Tuesday is a color challenge, brought to us by our hostess, Tori. Her farmer's market inspired colors for the challenge are apple green, watermelon red, and pumpkin orange--how yummy is that?

Here's my take on the challenge. I used the Away We Go set (appropriate since I'm traveling this week!) and this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge for my card. The balloon-flying bunny is colored with Copic markers. I sponged in a pale blue cloud-filled sky around the image, then added the "and away we go" sentiment on two cut apart clouds from the CutUps Cloud Border die.

I used an apple green panel to cover most of the cardfront and went with patterned papers in greens and oranges for the panels underneath the image. The green plaid strip that runs across the card, underneath the image panel, is edged with the CutUps Inside Pinking Border die. A trio of silver brads is the only other embellishment. I layered the green panel on a kraft card base to finish things off--it kind of seemed fitting to use a brown/dirt base with these farmer's market inspired colors . . .

If you're up to the challenge, I hope you'll play along and share your creation in the guestbook found on Alma's blog. One lucky participant will win a little Cat Cash and maybe even the title of July's Swanky Stamper. And, Alma will be sharing links to samples created by the Cat Pack all week long, so be sure to check in.

Materials Used:
Away We Go stamp set, Neenah white cardstock, CutUps Cloud Border and Inside Pinking Border dies (The Cat's Pajamas); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Pumpkin Pie and Cool Caribbean Classic inks (Stampin' Up!); Green Apple cardstock (Gina K Designs); Lime Twist-Fly a Kite and Out of the Blue 6x6 paper pads (My Mind's Eye); silver brads (Making Memories); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. What a fabulous card Lori! I just saw another card with this layout...LOVE it! It's perfect for this ballooning bunny! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This caught my eye on The Sweetest thing blog right away, love the coloring, the clouds and the stamp is just so cute! Love it.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips