Tuesday, July 19, 2011

You Turn Me On


Here's my go at this month's Paper Smooches Sparks challenge. I used one of this month's sketches along with one of this month's color combinations for this card using the Boob Tubes set.

I thought the sketch's color blocked style would work great for a masculine card, so I picked a color scheme with lots of blues, matched with a complimentary orange and a neutral kraft. One of the set's fabulous retro style TV images is colored along the bottom and paper pieced with a silver shimmery paper at the top. I used silver brads and a little Enamel Accents for the TV's knobs. After stamping the set's heart image on the TV screen, I covered it with a scrap of acetate for a glass-like look.

To add interest to the color blocked panels, I used different textures. The navy panels are embossed with a texture plate with large circles, while the orange panel is embossed with a smaller dot panel. After arranging the panels on a kraft card base, I added the details. The TV is layered on the orange panel over a navy strip that grounds the image. The set's "you turn me on" sentiment is stamped in navy ink on the light blue panel at the top of the card. I added a pair of silver brads to the smallest navy panel as a final accent.

Materials Used:
Boob Tubes stamp set (Paper Smooches); Night of Navy Classic ink, Night of Navy, Pumpkin Pie, Bashful Blue, and Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin' Up!); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); silver paper (Recollections); Sunshine impression plate (Papertrey Ink); Polka Dots embossing folder (Cuttlebug); silver brads (Making Memories); black Enamel Accents (Ranger); foam tape

5 comments:

  1. Great take on the sketch and fabulous colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cards designing and these cards are look amazing use lovely color...
    Scratch Card Printing
    clear business cards
    Plastic Cards

    ReplyDelete
  3. great texture and beautiful card, Lori.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW.. this is stunning... I love the colors you used.. and the whole design of your creation..I really like the blocking you did too.. super fun! HUGS

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips