Saturday, July 16, 2011

Joyfold Thanks from Chloe the Cutie Puppy

I combined three challenges in one today to make this sweet thank you card for my parents from Chloe the cutie puppy. She'll be staying with them while I'm at CHA next week and I figure it can't hurt to thank them in advance for dealing with her 24/7 for close to a week.

I used the colors from this week's Color Throwdown challenge--celery, teal, rose red, and pink--and created a joy fold card, fitting both this week's Crazy 4 Challenges theme and this week's Kraftin' Kimmie challenge to decorate the inside of your card.

I used the dog walking Tori image for the cardfront. I drew in my own sidewalk with a black pen and colored the image with Copic markers. The sky was added with a cloud template, a sponge, and some blue ink. The cardfront is cut about 3/4" short of a standard sized cardfront and covered with a pink chevron patterned paper.

The inside of the card is covered with a piece of dotted blue paper. I set the image on a folded celery panel, adhering the back to the inside of the card. The piece that's inside is stamped with just the stamp's dog image and a scrap of the pink chevron paper, divided from the image part with a strip of pink ribbon.

I wrote a little message to my mom and dad from Chloe before folding the image over the front of the card. A pink button, tied with a little baker's twine, keeps the flap securely closed.

Materials Used:
Moonlight Whispers Tori stamp set (Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers, black multiliner pen (Copic); Cool Caribbean Classic ink, Pretty in Pink and Certainly Celery cardstock (Stampin' Up!); designer papers (My Mind's Eye); pink baker's twine (Divine Twine); button (Michaels); cloud template (Rosie's Roadshow)

2 comments:

  1. This is just adorable, Lori! Hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooooh, this is freakin' adorable! Love the colours and your clouds! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Kraftin' Kimmie Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips