Saturday, July 16, 2011

Just Saying Hi

Here's my card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch. I thought the sketch's tall, skinny panel would be a perfect fit for one of the a la mode images--and it was!

I used the I Need Some Face Time image for the card. She's colored with Copic markers and cut out. I layered her on a lavender panel using foam tape.

The colors for my card came from the fun speech bubble patterned paper I used for the cardfront's large panel. I matted all of the pieces on a bold, dark purple before layering them on a green card base. The "just saying hi" sentiment is stamped on a fancy edged punched piece.

For accents, I cut a heart from dark reddish-purple felt (it looks brown or black here, but it's purple IRL) and added a green button tied with matching baker's twine. Fun card for a teen or tween!

And, while we're on the topic of MFT, I was excited to find that one of my MFT cards (seen here) was selected to be featured in the August issue of Papercraft Inspirations magazine, a crafting magazine from the UK. I can't wait until the magazine arrives on US newsstands so I can pick up a copy for myself!

Materials Used:
a la mode I Need Some Face Time stamp set, Die-namics Hearts a Plenty die (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Simply Chartreuse and Lavender Moon cardstock, Scarlet Jewel felt (Papertrey Ink); Rich Razzleberry cardstock, Curly Label punch (Stampin' Up!); Lime Twist-Happy Go Lucky 6x6 paper pad (My Mind's Eye); green button (Michaels); green baker's twine (Divine Twine); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips