Sunday, July 17, 2011

Waltzingmouse Stamps July Blog Waltz

I have a pretty limited stash of Waltzingmouse Stamps, but despite my small supply, I managed to pull together a birthday themed one for today’s WMS Blog Waltz.

I used the rocket image from the Half Pint Heroes set to create a fun interactive birthday card perfect for a child. After coloring the rocket with Copic markers and adding in details with silver Smooch and black Enamel Accents, I cut it out and attached it to a track in a dot embossed cardstock circle “moon” using pennies and foam circles to secure it while still allowing it to move freely up and down the track.

I kept the rest of the card simple to keep the focus on the interactive element. The moon is attached to a dark blue panel with an embossed star pattern. I attached a strip of red cardstock along the bottom of the panel, dividing it visually from the blue with a narrow scrap of silver paper. The sentiment is stamped in silver ink and accented with a trio of star shaped buttons in the same primary color scheme I used for the rest of the card.

Materials Used:
Half Pint Heroes stamp set (Waltzingmouse Stamps); white cardstock, Stars impression plate (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black and Encore Silver inks (Tsukineko); Not Quite Navy, Real Red, and Crushed Curry cardstock, word window punch (Stampin’ Up!); silver shimmer paper (Recollections); circle dies (Spellbinders); Polka Dots embossing folder (QuicKutz); star buttons (Blumenthal Lansing); cream twine (Papertrey Ink); clear dome sticker (Making Memories); black Enamel Accents (Ranger); Silver Fox Smooch paint (Clearsnap); foam tape

18 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Lori. Your details make such a great birthday card. Outstanding, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. I love the interactive element. I still need to make a slider card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun, bright card Lori! Your slider is perfect and any child would be delighted to rceive it.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfect BD card! Great design and colors!!! My son would absolutely LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love this slider card!!! such a perfect thing to do with that little rocket, which is beautifully coloured!!! Brilliant card!! Thank you so much for waltzing along!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a fun slider card Lori! love all the embossing and bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cool, love that the rocket moves! Your embossed moon and stars are perfect, as well as your star shaped buttons! What a great card!

    Chris L.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely brilliant - love the idea of a slider card with a rocket to the moon! Great colours - and I adore the star buttons! Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great, fun card. What kid wouldn't LOVE it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. loving this card and the fact that you made that rocket move :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not sure how I missed this stamp set! How adorable. I love the cute rocket scene you created. Perfect for a little boy birthday card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh gosh, what a GREAT card! So creative with the moon and stars embossing and the slider rocket! The star buttons are the perfect finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  13. SO cute! I love this, such a cute card for a little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous card for a little boy, great colour scheme too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your card is so cute! The slider is a brilliant idea. And I love all the texture that you added with the buttons and the embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh this is fab, love love love it

    ali x

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is one of my fave sets and I love the slider and the texture on that moon! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips