Wednesday, July 27, 2011

TCPTues169-Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

This week's TCP Tuesday challenge comes to us from Susan. With everyone having summer vacations on their minds, the "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles" theme is a perfect one (and a great classic movie, too!).

Here's my take on the challenge. I made a fun home decor piece using the airplane-flying bunny from the Take Off set. I colored the bunny with Copic markers, then paper pieced the plane with some red and blue patterned paper. I added a few accents to the plane with silver Smooch paint for a metallic shine, then cut the image out and set it aside while I built the scene inside the frame.

I stretched a piece of light blue fabric across the frame's mat for a sky background. No sky's complete without a sun and some clouds, so I added them using the CutUps Easy Rosette and Cloud Border dies. The clouds are cut from white felt and cut apart so I could scatter them across the sky. The rosette sun has a button at the center, tied with some yellow baker's twine.

After I set the plane in place, I added a name banner stretched out behind it. The banner pieces were cut with the Pennant CutUps die, then stamped with letters from the Coolvetica stamp set. I used some red baker's twine to string the letters together, then attached them to the scene with foam tape.

So pull out your transportation themed stamps--and if you ordered from the latest TCP release, I'm betting you have a few in your collection--and join us. One lucky participant who plays along with the challenge and adds their creation to the guestbook on Alma's blog will win the weekly Cat Cash prize--and have the chance to be honored as the next Swanky Stamper. And, Alma will be sharing links to the Cat Pack's creations on her blog all week, so be sure to check in regularly for some eye candy and inspiration.

Materials Used:
Take Off and Coolvetica stamp sets, CutUps Easy Rosette, Cloud Border, and Pennant dies, Neenah white cardstock, Divine Twine yellow and red baker's twine (The Cat's Pajamas); Memento Ladybug and Tuxedo Black inks (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); designer paper (My Mind's Eye); Riding Hood Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Harvest Gold cardstock, yellow button (Papertrey Ink); Silver Fox Smooch (Clearsnap); white felt; foam tape

2 comments:

  1. It's just adorable. I love that you separated the clouds and bunched them up. And that rosette sun? So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the cutest piece Lori!! I love the big open sky that makes the bunny and banner stand out!!:)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips