Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Thanks, Teacher

I injured my shoulder in a fall yesterday morning, but I gave stamping a try tonight. I kept the work to a minimum, choosing a solid image stamp to minimize coloring and a die cut image so I didn't have to cut, but I'm definitely feeling discomfort after just this simple card. It's a good thing I have posts ready for the next two days so I can rest up and recover . . .

Anyway, here's the card I made for today's SCS sketch challenge. It's a teacher thank you-- I can't believe that kids will be heading back to school here in just a month! I used the apple die and matching solid stamp from Papertrey Ink as the focal image. The die cut image is set on a text patterned circle using foam tape.

I used strips of the new Funky Town designer paper for the panels that run down the card. Each strip is matted on Simply Chartreuse cardstock, then set on the kraft card base. I attached a strip of red cardstock across the panels, then added the focal image panel with more foam tape. The "thanks, teacher" sentiment from the School Time set is stamped on a banner-end strip and set to extend out from the image panel.

Materials Used:
Fruit Fusion-Apple, Tag-Its #6, and School Time stamp set, Simply Chartreuse, Kraft, and White cardstock, Funky Town patterned paper, Fruit Fusion-Apple die (Papertrey Ink); Riding Hood Red and Kiwi Kiss Classic ink, Riding Hood Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Memento Pear Tart and Rich Cocoa inks (Tsukineko); circle die (Spellbinders); foam tape

1 comment:

  1. Hope you get better soon! Sorry about your fall and glad nothing is broken. Take it easy so you can get back in that studio soon.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips