Tuesday, July 26, 2011

IHP DT Challenge-Looking at Logos

This month's i {heart} papers design team challenge is to be inspired by the logo of a favorite charity.

I chose the logo from First Book, an organization that supports early literacy by distributing free, new books to children in need. As a kindergarten teacher, this is a cause that is near and dear to my heart. Some of the children and families I work with have received books from this organization and for many, it is one of the only books in their homes and becomes a treasured possession.

Here’s my card inspired by the First Book logo. I took the logo’s book shape and ran with it, cutting a pair of book shapes using the Labels 7 die. The white die cut piece is stamped with the line image from the Mint Motif School Basics stamp set and filled in with the word “teacher” in red ink. I stamped the set’s apple, colored it in with Copic markers, cut it out, and added it to the die cut with a dimensional dot. It’s accented with a button tied with blue baker’s twine.

The assembled book is set on a colorblocked card base. Again, I incorporated elements from the logo, using the blue and reds as my color scheme. The patterned paper panels are from a sheet of paper from the American Made collection. The “thank you” sentiment is stamped on the solid red block in black ink.

Be sure to check out what the rest of the IHP DT has done for the challenge. Here’s where to find them:
Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Mint Motif School Basics stamp set, X-Press white Copic blending cardstock, Tsukineko Memento Rhubarb Stalk and Tuxedo Black inks, Copic markers (R12, R22, R24, R27, E34), Spellbinders Labels 7 dies, My Mind’s Eye American Made Collection Kit, May Arts white faux suede ribbon, Divine Twine Blueberry baker’s twine, Zva Creative dimensional dots

other: Riding Hood Red and Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin’ Up!)

8 comments:

  1. This is an awesome challenge, what a great organization. Your card is a wonderful interpretation - love each element!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card and cause Lori! Your card played in so well with the logo! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome charity and fabulous card Lori! I'm a big reader- love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great charity! I love how the nesties really imitate the book shape. Such a sweet card Lori.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your charity choice! And your card is just awesome. Being a teacher myself, I have loved that set.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this, Lori! Your coloring is gorgeous! GREAT choice of charities! Teaching Matthew to read is one of my proudest, most cherished accomplishments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, Lori! Love the colors, and the charity!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is adorable! And what a great charity! Hope you're feeling OK!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips