Wednesday, July 13, 2011

TCPTuesday167-Watercolored Wet Puddle

For this week’s TCPTuesday challenge, our hostess Julie has challenged us to watercolor. It’s been a while since I’ve watercolored (since I’m not too great at it, I generally avoid it . . .), but I dug out and refilled my water brushes and gave it a shot.

I stamped the rainboot wearing cutie from the Wet Puddle set on watercolor paper in black ink (I went with Versafine for both its deep black and water resistance). I used a fine-tip black pen to draw in a sidewalk for the cutie to walk on, too. I stamped a few extras so I could try out colors before using them on the image designated for my card. After letting the ink dry, I used some reinkers and a watercolor brush to fill in the image.

While the watercolored panel dried, I assembled the rest of the card. I used a light aqua card base with a floral print pattern and a solid orange panel underneath the image. I machine stitched around both panels before attaching them to the cardfront. A piece of TCP’s new yummy mango seam binding is knotted around the card. After setting the image in place, I added a pair of felt clouds, cut from the CutUps Cloud Border die, and a button sun tied with a little orange Divine Twine. The set’s “wishing you sunshine” image is stamped at the bottom of the card in orange ink.

So, find your water brush and join the Cat Pack in watercoloring this week. One lucky participant who plays along with the challenge and adds their creation to the guestbook on Alma's blog will win the weekly Cat Cash prize--and have the chance to be honored as the next Swanky Stamper. And, Alma will be sharing links to the Cat Pack's creations on her blog all week, so be sure to check in regularly for some eye candy and inspiration.

Materials Used:
Wet Puddle stamp set, Versafine Black ink, CutUps Cloud Border die, mango seam binding, orange Divine Twine, water brush (The Cat’s Pajamas); watercolor paper (Strathmore); Soft Sky, Bermuda Bay, Pumpkin Pie, Yoyo Yellow, Sahara Sand, and Basic Gray Classic inks/refills, Pumpkin Pie cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Aqua Mist and Summer Sunrise cardstock, Orange Zest button (Papertrey Ink); Stella & Rose-Mabel "Little Lady" Fine Flowers designer paper (My Mind’s Eye); white Enamel Accents (Ranger); white felt; sewing machine

1 comment:

  1. soooo, cute! love the color choices you used....so pretty. and oh, you look pretty good at watercoloring, to me! ;)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips