Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Clear and Simple Stamps Group Project-Card Make-Over

For this month’s group project, the Clear and Simple Stamps design team will be sharing card make overs with you. We’ve each created a basic project and we’ll show you how we turn that into a fabulous finished design.

Here’s what I started with. I used the collection of beauty items from the Beauty Secrets II set as the focal image for my card. I stamped it on a white panel and set it aside to assemble my card. I started with a Party Teal Dawn card base and added a kraft panel with a piece of coordinating houndstooth paper on top and a solid teal panel at the bottom.

Now, the makeover magic begins! I colored the image with Copic markers and added a little silver Smooch to the containers and some pink to the lipstick—love the subtle sparkle the Smooch adds. After cutting the image out, I used foam tape to add it to the card’s circle panel.

To embellish the card, I added a piece of clear crystal flourish extending out from underneath the image panel, stretching across the patterned paper. I have such a hard time using these kind of embellishments, but I’m trying to figure out how to work with them more. I covered the seam between the solid and patterned paper with a piece of matching teal ribbon for a pretty shine. Then, I stamped the “have a lovely day” sentiment on a kraft strip with a notched edge and added that to the card, slipping the edge underneath the raised image.

Be sure to check out the makeovers performed by the rest of the CSS design team. Here’s where to find them:

Cristina Kowalczyk
Dana Grothaus
Kim Howard
CSS Blog

Materials Used:
Beauty Secrets II stamp set, Perfect Little Black Dress ink, Party Teal Dawn, Kraft Like a Rockstar, and A Blanc Check cardstock, Copic markers (B00, B000, B0000, BG000, BG01, BG02, BG05, BG10, E23, E25, E31, N-1, N-3, C-1, C-3, C-5), Party Teal Dawn satin ribbon (Clear and Simple Stamps); silver and pink Smooch (Clearsnap); Lush 2-Turquoise Houndstooth designer paper (My Mind’s Eye); circle dies (Spellbinders); crystal flourish (Recollections); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. Great colors Lori, love the pp you chose and your coloring looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Lori! Your coloring is perfect and so real looking. I love that you cut out the image. Looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips