Sunday, July 24, 2011

Thinkin' About Ya

The idea for this clean and simple card combining this week's Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge and this week's Color Throwdown rainbow challenge came to me as I was falling asleep for a nap yesterday afternoon. Luckily, it stayed in my mind as I slept (longer than I'd intended to . . .) and came together just as I'd imagined once I woke up.

I used Waltzingmouse's Gingham & Co stamp set on a light blue panel to make a fun patterned background for my die cut rainbow focal image. The rainbow bands are cut with a die from Lil' Inker Designs, as is the fluffy white felt cloud at the rainbow's base. I set the blue panel on a white card base, then attached four scraps of cardstock, matching the colors in the rainbow, along the bottom of the panel. The "thinkin' about ya" sentiment from the Frame It set is stamped at the top of the panel in red ink to finish the rainbow-themed scene.

Materials Used:
Gingham & Co. and Frame It stamp sets (Waltzingmouse Stamps); white cardstock (Xerox); Real Red and Bashful Blue Classic inks, Bashful Blue, Real Red, Daffodil Delight, and Tempting Turquoise cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Simply Chartreuse cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Rainbows & Clouds dies (Lil' Inker Designs); foam tape

9 comments:

  1. What a bright happy card using the WMS sketch! love the color blocks and pretty rainbow sky!! Thanks for playing this week Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such an awesome and creative design with this week's sketch, Lori! I love the rainbow and the matching color blocks. This card will make someone so happy! Always love your WMSC cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a tremendously happy card, Lori. Love all the primary colors! Thanks for playing along with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super card - bright, vibrant and lots of fun! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how this card just shines!

    Thanks for playing along with the Color Throwdown this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your gingham BG with the bold primary colors...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Lori! This is just so great! I love the color blocks and the gingham background! Love your use of the Rainbows & Clouds set too!! Cute design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a fun card - so bright and cheery.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips