Saturday, August 20, 2011

One Layer Weather

The latest Lawnscaping challenge is to make a one layer card. Even though I'm most comfortable with clean and simple designs, one layer cards are a real challenge for me, so I thought I'd give it a go. I ended up with this simple encouraging card.

I stamped the cloud image from the Partly Cloudy set in white ink on a light blue cloud base, then added the smiling sun image at the top of the cloud using orange ink. Somehow, I managed to lose the smile part after I stamped it, so as soon as I finish this post, I'll be crawling around on the floor to find it before Chloe the cutie and chewy puppy does--LOL!

To add interest to the single layer design, I paper pierced a bunch of lines extending down from the bottom of the cloud, then used a white pen to create a faux stitched look. I randomly placed some tiny self adhesive pearls on the faux stitched lines. The "we will weather the storm together" sentiment is stamped beneath the raindrops in blue ink.

I'm off to search for that missing smile stamp now. Hopefully I'll beat Chloe to it . . .

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Lawn Fawn Partly Cloudy stamp set, Memento Bahama Blue ink, Ranger Inkssentials white pen, Zva Creative self adhesive pearls

other: Baja Breeze cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Fresh Snow and Orange Zest inks (Papertrey Ink)

3 comments:

  1. Super cute! Love the pierced rain drops with the added gel pen look! I hope you find that smile stamp soon! I can't tell you how many times I was on my hands and knees looking for missing stamps. I found all of them, eventually. Most of the time when I wasn't looking! Thanks for playing along! Super cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card - I LOVE the faux stitching - such a fab idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing! I love it! The faux stitching and the pearls really bring it to life. Thanks for joining us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips